A route 66 heist is done by two people. A leader who starts the Route 66 heist and a driver, each person plays their own specific part in a Route 66 heist.
Heist can be real or fake, based on the inputs of leader and driver.
In real heist, the leader can bring a gun and bullets, and the driver brings the car for the getaway. The leader begins by inviting the driver and informing them so they can accept, after acceptance, the driver puts in the car. The leader can start the heist. When the heist is completed, you will be taken to a page where you see results and are able to click "Make Transfer" and it will automatically send the correct amount to the driver.If there were any losses in the heist, they will automatically be taken from the profit before they are split. You will notice that you can both earn and lose things while doing a heist.Sometimes you may gain only cars or narcotics, to be able to send the driver their share, you will need to have cash on you or sell the narcotics to have enough money in pocket. So keep in mind to have money in your pocket while doing a heist!
If you are a low rank, and don’t have any bullets or money, don’t give up, because the leader can select if he wants to make a real heist or a fake heist.If you select to make a fake heist, you don’t need to have a gun or bullets. The only thing you need is a car. The driver selects the car under garage and select the car he wants to be used for as an heist car.
The leader wins 10% extra rank points while the driver gets opportunity to earn up to 3% race points based on the heist outcome.
Doing heist in home city gives 10% extra points to both - leader and driver, as long as they are both located in their home cities.
Not every heist will give you same amount of rank points. Fake heists and heists with lower amount of bullets input will give you less rank points than heists in which you add maximum amount of bullets. Maximum amount of bullets in heist is 50.
As from the January 2019, we have made some important heist changes.
Applied to the following servers
- | Dutch
- International version
Due to high amount of Route 66 crimes in Detroit, attention was drawn by the feds. There has been a new federal boost for catching these robberies and for your own protection you may do only 1 heist per town in the same day. You will get more rank progress when you heist in the home town of your family.
- Heist cooldown time is 3 hours and there are 8 cities in the game which means that gangster can do one heist in each city per day.
- You need to promote manually for cooldown to reset. If you promote via Lackeys cooldown time remains the same
- You will be able to see a cooldown for each city on the groups crime page
- With 8 cities in the game it's still possible to do ALL heists in 24 hours, but to do so you need to travel around to each city
- Keep your friends close, there is no better friend then a heist partner
- Try to time your account promotion around the same time as your heists, so you can enjoy another heist in the same city
- Out of friends? Try your luck on the ingame chat or on IRC, there is always someone waiting on a heist partner!